Sunday, October 29, 2006

Skate Metal


Skate Metal - when I first heard that term, I was like "What, only music you can skate to?" Well, yes and no, from the word I was getting, it was music that people skated to, but nothing exclusive about it. Some friends of mine passed along the tape of Excel, Split Image and I was hooked. Their next release, The Joke's on You is pure fun, sing-along metal that you can really rock out to. I remember the first and only time I saw Excel in concert, it was one of those moments where everyone there was waiting as long or longer than I had to see them. The small number of us all sang along, moshed, stage dove, and had a great time. It will truly be a concert I will never forget. The music, well, as is the norm here I don't give specific examples or comparison, just think of Venice Beach, California in the mid to late 80's. Grab a listen to some of the tunes on their MySpace page
Rotten Records have re-released the first two Excel albums on CD with some extras on each one, so pick them up right from the label
Listen, buy and sing along!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home